Thursday, January 2, 2014
Prestwich Ugly Sweater Christmas Party
I was horrible at taking pictures this year. I was so excited about the Prestwich Family Christmas Party this year. My aunt Ellen planned an Ugly Sweater contest. I have always wanted to go to an Ugly Sweater Party. I always see Facebook Posts about them and stuff on Pinterest. So, I went to DI, and picked out some ugly shirts. Then, Cathryn and I went to Big Lots and picked out some ugly decorations. We laughed so hard in the store and had a great time together. We picked out a tree skirt for Annika's sweater. I thought it was genius and was shocked that she didn't win anything at the party. Boo! I didn't quite have enough decorations, so I went to my mother-in-law Julie for help. She had a lot of Ugly stuff that we just glued right on. I think my favorite is Kyle's. We named his the Jingle "Balls" Sweater. I got pictures of each one as we made them, but didn't even get one of everyone individually in our sweaters. What was I thinking? I did get a family shot. I thought I was going to put it on our Christmas card, but chickened out! Although we didn't win any awards, I was very proud of my kids for wearing them and having a good time with it!
I was so thankful to see my Grandma Prestwich. I haven't seen her very much over the passed year and feel so terrible about it. She has full Alzheimers now, and it is so sad. It breaks my heart. My aunt Marjean has been living with her for 3 years now. Marjean says that most of the time Grandma forgets that she lives there and has to remind her everynight. She even forgets who Marjean is. She is starting to forget how to eat certain foods. Marjean said she gave her a banana and she just looked at it and said, I don't know what to do with this. I have so many wonderful memories of Grandma, I just hate to see her like this! I love her so much!
MzJp9_wLMcQ/UsZaPD2P4yI/AAAAAAAAD7A/zZ6_cxo1riM/s320/Slocums+3.jpg" />
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I was impressed with your sweaters
Post a Comment